Monday, March 17, 2008

Wednesday 19 March - Meditation



From today’s Gospel reading...

After saying this Jesus was troubled in spirit, and declared, ‘Very truly, I tell you, one of you will betray me.’ The disciples looked at one another, uncertain of whom he was speaking.

from John 13

To reflect on...

It is hard for us to understand what might have been going on in the mind and heart of Judas Iscariot that week. But he was not the only disciple to betray Jesus – Peter disowned him and his other followers fled – afraid of the consequences of being recognised. Do I betray my Lord in the way I behave?

Let’s pray...

You are the powerful God of the universe but you placed yourself into the hands of others to fulfil your task. My heart is filled with wonder and amazement that you would do this for me. Thank you, my God. Amen.

No comments: