Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sunday 9 March 5th Sunday on Lent - Meditation


From today’s Gospel reading...

Martha said to Jesus, ‘Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died. But even now I know that God will give you whatever you ask of him.’ Jesus said to her, ‘Your brother will rise again.’ Martha said to him, ‘I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day.’ Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?’
from John 11

To reflect on...

We have assurance that there is a life for us after our physical death.
Do I believe this?

Let’s pray...

Lord of life, your plan for your creation was that we should all be brought close to you. I praise you for the hope I have in you. Amen.

No comments: