Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thursday 6 March - Meditation



From today's gospel reading....But I have a testimony greater than John’s. The works that the Father has given me to complete, the very works that I am doing, testify on my behalf that the Father has sent me. And the Father who sent me has himself testified on my behalf

from John 5

To reflect on...
A quote from Josephus, from his first-century writings, "Antiquities Of The Jews," Book 18, Chapter 2, section 3.
"Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man; for he was a doer of wonderful works, a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews and many of the Gentiles. He was [the] Christ.

Let’s pray...

Lord Jesus Christ – Yeshua – you reveal the heart of the Father to us and give us your Spirit to comfort and enable us. I thank you. Amen.

No comments: