Monday, March 24, 2008

First Easter ......

First Easter as a minister has been moving, challenging and thought provoking. Comments received from church friends have been very encouraging - though we did have a slightly longer service than usual yesterday - I'll need to learn from that.

The Saturday night "Easter Journey" with Heptagon was for me quite a moving time. I love singing with the group so to have them at Latchford was a delight. The turn out was also amazing - the hall was full and we estimate around 120-130 people - phenomenal. I hope and pray that this will be the first of many of these events in which the whole circuit and friends from elsewhere can come together.

There were moments of quite reflection again as I reflected, with others, on the power of the cross and of God's extravagant love. As Wesley so put it ... "Amazing Love, how can it be that though my God wouldst die for me"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Church notices boards say what time worship begins not what time it finishes. In fact I am waiting for a photogrpah being produced from a chruch notice board start 1030 finish 1130! If folk moan on Easter Sunday about the length of worship then God help us. I dont think it says anything in CPD about 1 hour worship. I just think probationers commtt will be impressed by your giftedness in leading worship. With love and prayers the sausage snatcher.

steve C-P said...

Yes a truly great Easter you led us through so much, if you didn’t feel moved you should be asking questions!
Thanks for your leadership

And the Boss reads your Blogg