Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday - Meditation



From today’s Gospel reading...
So they took Jesus; and carrying the cross by himself, he went out to what is called The Place of the Skull, which in Hebrew is called Golgotha. There they crucified him, and with him two others, one on either side, with Jesus between them. Pilate also had an inscription written and put on the cross. It read, ‘Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews.’

from John 19

To reflect on...

I imagine myself at The Place of the Skull – watching the events unfold before my eyes. I allow myself to feel the overwhelming emotions of seeing your sacrifice

Let’s pray...

How can I thank you? How can I ever repay you? You did all this for me, Lord. I am forgiven. But at such a cost.
How can I ever thank you? Amen

No comments: