Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tuesday 11 March - Meditation


From today’s Gospel reading...

Jesus said, ‘When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will realize
that I am he, and that I do nothing on my own, but I speak these things as
the Father instructed me. And the one who sent me is with me; he has
not left me alone, for I always do what is pleasing to him.’ As he was
saying these things, many believed in him.

from John 8

To reflect on...

When Jesus spoke these words many of his hearers would not have understood he was referring to his death. But Jesus was preparing himself for his final work.

Let’s pray...

Lord, you knew that your path was leading to direct conflict with
the authorities. Thank you for doing this for me – for standing for
me – for dying for me. Amen.

No comments: