Saturday, March 1, 2008

Saturday 1 March 2008 - Meditation


From today’s Gospel reading...

‘Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax-collector. The Pharisee, standing by himself, was praying thus, “God, I thank you that I am not like other people: thieves, rogues, adulterers, or even like this tax-collector. I fast twice a week; I give a tenth of all my income.” But the tax-collector, standing far off, would not even look up to heaven, but was beating his breast and saying, “God, be merciful to me, a sinner!” I tell you, this man went down to his home justified rather than the other; for all who exalt themselves will be humbled, but all who humble themselves will be exalted.’

from Luke 18

To reflect on...


Am I sometimes tempted to look at others and compare them unfavourably with myself? Perhaps we all need to guard against our Pharisaical streak.

Let’s pray...

Lord Jesus Christ, son of the living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Amen

No comments: