Sunday, March 9, 2008

Monday 10 March - Meditation


From today’s Gospel reading...

The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught
in adultery... ‘Now in the law Moses commanded us to stone such
women. Now what do you say?’ They said this to test him, so that
they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down
and wrote with his finger on the ground. When they kept on
questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, ‘Let anyone
among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.’

from John 8

To reflect on...

Jesus did not come into the world to condemn us, but to bring to us
God’s forgiveness. In the same way we are not to condemn but to forgive.

Let’s pray...

When I am quick to criticise or condemn, forgive me, my God; and
teach me to understand and accept your forgiving heart that my
own cold heart might be transformed. Amen.

No comments: