Saturday, March 1, 2008

Sunday 2 March 2008 - Lent 4 Meditation


From today’s Gospel reading...

The man answered, ‘Here is an astonishing thing! You do not know where he comes from, and yet he opened my eyes. We know that God does not listen to sinners, but he does listen to one who worships him and obeys his will. Never since the world began has it been heard that anyone opened the eyes of a person born blind. If this man were not from God, he could do nothing.’

from John 9

To reflect on...

The disciples were so fortunate to see and hear Jesus in the flesh. How would I have reacted to this man’s story, had I been there? I will try, with openness and honesty, to imagine this, that I might learn something more about myself, and in learning, might grow.

Let’s pray...

Holy Spirit, live in me that although I might not see Jesus walking on this earth, I will know him in my heart. Amen.

No comments: