Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Wednesday 12 March 2008 - Meditation


From today’s Gospel reading...

What do you mean by saying, “You will be made free”?’
Jesus answered them, ‘Very truly, I tell you, everyone who commits sin is a slave to sin. The slave does not have a permanent place in the household; the son has a place there for ever. So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed.
from John 8

To reflect on...

What does Jesus mean by saying, “You will be made free?”
What does Jesus free me from? What can he free me from, if I will allow him?

Let’s pray...

My Jesus, you came to set the captives free. I rejoice that you have made me free to be counted as one of the children of God’s own family. Open my eyes to the areas where I still need your healing and releasing touch. Amen.

No comments: