Tuesday, December 4, 2007

5th December - Meditation


“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” John 3:16

Reflection - The reason for the incarnation (becoming flesh) is spelled out in verses John 3:16. This is the God who, because of love for the world, 'gave', not simply sent, Jesus to 'save' the world, not to judge or condemn it.

Into the world of chaos, the world of sin and pain, into our hurt and our mess. Into our joys and sorrows God came and still he comes.

John 3:16 is one of the most widely quoted verses from the bible. It has been called the "Bible in a nutshell" because it is considered a summary of some of the most central doctrines of Christianity.

Prayer - For the times when I have failed to follow the light - Lord I am sorry.

For the times when I have judged others - Lord I am sorry.

For the times when I have seen myself as being more important - Lord I am sorry.

For the times when I have told jokes at others' expense - Lord I am sorry.

For the times I have let my fears take over - Lord I am sorry.

Amen

No comments: