Saturday, December 1, 2007

2nd December - First Sunday in Advent

Waiting and Longing
Meditations and Prayers for Advent


Jesus said to his disciples: 'Be constantly on the watch! Stay awake!...You do not know when the Master of the house is coming.'" Mark 13:33




Reflection - O Jesus, your voice sounds through the house of my world: Be on your guard! Stay awake!
Yet I hardly hear you. My life busy with so much, I go about the things I do like a servant trapped in household routine, hardly giving a thought to what my life is about. My spirit within has grown tired and you, my God, seem far away. How can I hear your voice today?
Speak to my heart during this season of grace, as you spoke to your prophets and saints. Remind me again of the journey you call me to make and the work you would have me do. I am your servant, O Lord. Speak to me in this holy season and turn my eyes to watch for your coming.

Prayer
Lord Jesus, I long for your coming.
O come, O come Immanuel.
Jesus came into our world at Bethlehem
bringing God's vision of peace and righteousness on earth.
O come, O come Immanuel.
Jesus is coming again into our world
bringing the realization of peace and righteousness on earth.
Come, Lord Jesus
Amen

No comments: