Monday, December 10, 2007

11th December - Meditation


Meanwhile, the people were waiting for Zechariah and wondering why he stayed so long in the temple. When he came out, he could not speak to them. They realized he had seen a vision in the temple, for he kept making signs to them but remained unable to speak. Luke 1:21-22

Reflection - The birth of John the Baptist takes place not long before the birth of Jesus. Of each baby there is a question “what will this child become?” Yet in every birth there is promise and question.

Jesus is born, as was each of us, in a woman’s pain. The story, so much wiser than we are, says – even when we feel alone, lost and in despair – God is here, with us and within us.

When we are silenced by the world and the circumstance of life allow our very being to shout forth in praise.

When we are silenced by the shock in our lives, when all we know is stripped away – humbly and simply may we offer you our very silence. No words, no thoughts just stillness and in stillness come.

Prayer - Lord, let me place my trust in you. I get so independent and think I need to fix everything myself. Let me remember not to be afraid of so much and to ask you for the healing that my heart needs so badly. Amen

No comments: