Saturday, December 15, 2007

15th December - Meditation


"I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May it be to me as you have said." Then the angel left her. Luke 1:38

Reflection - Say yes. In our over-committed, over-scheduled world, the last thing many of us want to do is accept another responsibility. Yet couldn't Mary have made the same case? "I'd love to help, God, but this will disrupt my wedding plans, and I don't really have time right now." Is there anything God is asking you to do that you should accept?

Prayer - Loving God, in your tender mercy you chose a teenage girl to fulfil your purposes.

When I wonder what it’s all about, help me to be like Mary, who persevered with her puzzling destiny.

When I feel perplexed, grant me the attentiveness of Mary who listened to your surprising word.

When I want to close options down, grant me the openness of Mary who put her life in your hands.

We pray O God for our Nativity Service tomorrow – may the joy of this season by in the midst of us as we offer our church family to you.

Amen

No comments: