Tuesday, December 25, 2007

25th December - Meditation - Immanuel God with us


“O holy Child of Bethlehem
Descend to us, we pray
Cast out our sin and enter in
Be born to us today
We hear the Christmas angels
The great glad tidings tell
O come to us, abide with us
Our Lord Emmanuel”

Final verse of O little Town of Bethlehem written by Rector Phillips Brooks (1835-1903) after a pilgrimage he made to the Holy land.

Reflection - Tinsel, sprouts, pudding and presents. In this day of so much we remember the reason for this season. Our God did not just speak of his love for us he revealed it in the most intimate way. For in the innocence of a baby he is born into our lives, into our very situation. May the Christ Child remind us of God’s promise that he is with us always.

Prayer - God shine on,
Shine through the day
Shine through the night
Shine through my past into my present
Shine in my future.
And in shining teach me how to be your light.
light in the dark places

Enter my heart and heal me Immanuel – for our God is here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.