Sunday, December 16, 2007

16th December - Meditation


“At that time Mary got ready and hurried to a town in the hill country of Judea, where she entered Zechariah's home and greeted Elizabeth. When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. In a loud voice she exclaimed: "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! But why am I so favoured, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!" Luke 1:39-45

Reflection - The story unfolds in a moment of intimacy between the two women. God was present in these two unexpectedly pregnant women and in their encounter with each other.

Prayer - Reconciling God
Be present in the encounters I have with people today.

May each conversation I have be filled with your love.

As Elizabeth recognised Mary’s Son while still in the womb, so may I recognise Jesus in the hidden places of my life and of the world

Grant me the faith of Elizabeth that your promises will come true

Amen

No comments: