Sunday, December 14, 2008

15 December - The Way: Jesus said- I am the way


Reflection

How I am able to envy you
the people of the day
He walked among you
healing your sick, raising your dead
turning your water into wine
what joy it must have been
to see Him, to touch Him and hear Him speak

How I am able to envy you
the ones He raised to life how it must have felt
life returning to your eyes thrust to your blood
volume to your lungs, waking from your sleep
to tear filled eyes suddenly dry
clouds of grief blown aside by the wind of true joy
could life have been better having tasted death
and knowing its defeat seeing its Conqueror

How I am able to envy you
the seventy He sent out
His divine commission
upon your head the power of His name
fire in your blood you performed miracles!
in His name what a feeling it must have been
to be His hands, and His feet on that long ago road

And how I am able to envy you
the twelve He called His own
walking, talking, being with Him
for years on end how I long to learn those words
the way that you learned them
you loved Him as a man
as I never can
Author unknown.

Prayer

Lord our God you say “I am the way” today we pray that you will show us your way, your way of peace, your way of love, your way of justice, your way of feeding the hungry, your way of humility, your way of grace, Your way, for you are the way, teach us your way we pray.
Amen

No comments: