Monday, December 5, 2011

Rejoice Highly Favoured One - 6 December


Reflection
I was standing on the top of the hill and looked over the most amazing view, there was little to be said. I whispered, “Who am I, Lord, that you would show me such favour?” I was in awe of the scene. Ancient words pierced my thoughts. “Rejoice, highly favoured one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!” Luke 1:28 NKJV

But these words were for Mary, the mother of Jesus, not for one as unworthy as me. Yet God replies to us all Mary was chosen to carry my son in her womb. You were fashioned to carry Him in your heart. Highly favoured. Chosen. Called by the Creator of the universe. Purposed for Gods work. Equipped. How will this be? But this is how God refers to you. You are highly favoured, you are chosen, You are loved, you are important. In our quest for telling others the good news have we forgotten such grace, such mercy for you. Our God who has spanned all time has a love which surpasses all and it is this love which we celebrate and glory in. To know Christ and to make him known—that is what it is all about.

Prayer
Lord, inspire me to live in such a way that my choices each day and my commitment to live in a positive way may transform the negative into something positive, and the ordinariness of daily life into something extraordinary. Amen.

Readings
Psalm 150, Luke 1:28, Philippians 3:1-11

Hymn/Song
All I once held dear

No comments: