Saturday, December 17, 2011

More than I can Imagine - 16 December


Reflection
Ephesians 3:20 “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine….”

Wow this is far more than we can imagine. None of us can properly understand what it must have been like for Mary to learn about what was going to happen to her. Are you grateful to Mary for being open to God’s working in her life. Her humility, obedience and faithfulness are an example of what can happen when people are open to God’s movement in their lives. Our scriptures are full of examples of people like Mary who partner with God, participating with God in the redemption of creation.

Do we fail to anticipate the “new thing” that God desires to do, do we continue doing the “old thing” that is comfortable and familiar. What are the old and new things that comes to mind? What do we struggle with in our lives. Churches that are changing? Does it all seem to much? Why not ask God who can do immeasurably more than we can imagine to help us. Why not let go and let God?

Prayer

Almighty God, I desire to see you working in my life. I confess God that sometimes I have limited your power by my own imagination and lack of faith. Help me Lord be open to the new things you are calling me to. Thank you God that when you call me you also give me the grace and skills needed. Strengthen me O God as I participate in your Kingdom. In the powerful name of Jesus, Amen

Readings
Psalm 21, Isaiah 49:8-13, Matthew 17:1-13, Ephesians 3

Hymn/Song
In the bleak mid winter

No comments: