Thursday, December 8, 2011

Blessed are the .. 7 December


Reflection

Christ has come.. Christ will come again..
We might expect people in general to get anxious about the things of our world: a difficult economy, a growing disparity between the rich and the poor of the world, natural disasters, and much more..
Yet for all who proclaim and follow the Christ, our anxiety is of a different sort. We anticipate especially during Advent, we remember that Christ is already Lord and so we anticipate his coming again.

Despite difficult or disappointing situations, Jesus is already Lord.
Despite loneliness, Jesus is already Lord.
Despite changed circumstances, Jesus is already Lord.
Despite unexpected situations, Jesus is already Lord.
Despite my mistakes, your disappointment, our inadequacy or anything else that would cause us to be brought down…Jesus is already Lord.
Jesus turns everything upside down and always will.

Prayer

O God, the burdens of the world are so heavy, yet you do not faint
O God, the cries of the needy are so great, yet you do not grow weary
I offer to you my faint heart that you will give me courage
I offer to you my weakness that you will make me strong
I offer to you my praise for you lift me up on eagle’s wings
I offer to you my adoration for you take away my weariness
In this Advent season I wait expectantly on You for You offer so much more than I can dream of receiving.
Amen

Readings
Psalm 34, Matthew 5:1-11, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12

Hymn/Song
Light of the World

No comments: