Sunday, December 4, 2011

Prepare the Way of the Lord - 4 December



Reflection
A voice cries out: In the wilderness prepare the way of the LORD!

Prepare the Way of the Lord cries the forerunner John. Our God comes with power to save us. Each of us can name what it is we long to be saved from. There are things in our lives that distract us from the full relationship God longs for.
Today, let's imagine ourselves freer. Throughout the day, let's picture new ways of responding to challenging relationships, habitual sins, and other ruts we are in. This day can you picture what a difference you could make and what memory could be created for ourselves and others. We are God’s ambassadors land thus when people see us they expect to see God - do they? As we envision our freedom we can experience how much our God desires to save us.

Prayer
Almighty God, I hear it over and over: you are coming to me.
I feel my heart stir in anticipation, and I sense that you are inviting me to enter more deeply into the mystery of your birth.
Help me to feel renewed patience settle in my heart, and to lift my face in joy.
I have been like a lost lamb, but I hear your voice calling me and I feel how deeply you want me to return.
Somehow I know that you rejoice in my desire to find you.
Help me not to be afraid to say out loud, to believe:
Here is God, coming into my life.

Readings

Psalm 118:19-29;Isaiah 40:1-5,9-11;Luke 21:25-36

Hymn/Song
On Jordan's Bank

No comments: