Monday, February 18, 2008

Wednesday 20 February - Meditation



From today's gospel reading....
‘You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones are tyrants over them. It will not be so among you; but whoever wishes to be great among you must be your servant, and whoever wishes to be first among you must be your slave; just as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life a ransom for many.’

from Matthew 20

To reflect on....
How do I serve within the body of Christ? Indeed, do I have a servant heart? Do I want a servant heart?

Let's Pray
Lord Jesus, it is not always easy being your follower. Sometimes I struggle to serve. ‘What about me?’ jumps into my head. Lord, teach me the true meaning of service and humility. Amen.

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Excellent Blog Jackie, a time for clam reflection in a busy day

Joyce said...

Guess who meant to say calm and not clam - looks like I need to spend more time reflecting and less time drinking coffee!!

Jackie Bellfield said...

Thanks Joyce - nice to have your comments xx