Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday 10 February - Meditation


From today's gospel reading....
The tempter came and said to him, ‘If you are the Son of God, command these stones to become loaves of bread.’ But he answered, ‘It is written,
“One does not live by bread alone,
but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.” ’

from Matthew 4

To reflect on....
We sometimes puzzle how we can hear the word of God to us, forgetting that we have a most precious source of communication from God. Do I take time to read the Bible regularly? Is there a reading scheme or pattern that I can use to help me when I have finished with these notes?

Let's pray....
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. I thank you for the wonderful gift of your written word that you have provided. I thank you for the faithfulness of Christians through the ages who have passed on your word. Generous God, teach me to treasure your written word. Amen.

No comments: