Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tuesday 26 February - Meditation


From today's gospel reading....
Then Peter came and said to him, ‘Lord, if another member of the church* sins against me, how often should I forgive? As many as seven times?’ Jesus said to him, ‘Not seven times, but, I tell you, seventy-seven* times.

from Matthew 18

To reflect on....

If we have been hurt very badly, it is sometimes a lengthy process to fully forgive. Just as I think it is achieved, a memory can cause an unbidden surge of bitterness to rise once more.

Let's Pray....
Loving and forgiving God, when I struggle to forgive, give me through you Spirit the will and the strength to keep going – forgiving again and again – until finally the pain and the hurt are healed and transformed into compassion and understanding. Amen.

No comments: