Thursday, December 20, 2012

Advent 20th December



"The grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all people.  It educates us so that we can live sensible, ethical, and godly lives right now by rejecting ungodly lives and the desires of this world. At the same time we wait for the blessed hope and the glorious appearance of our great God and saviour Jesus Christ. He gave himself for us in order to rescue us from every kind of lawless behaviour, and cleanse a special people for himself who are eager to do good actions".Titus 2: 11-14

Readings
 
Psalm 46, 
Isaiah 60:1-3
Titus 2:11-14
Reflection
 
We don’t have long to go and the countdown is on.  In the silence of the night where do your thoughts go?  When all is quiet and you hear the ticking of the clock, the creaking of the house, who and what do you think of?

Can the silent night be a holy one?  We have a few days left and it will be busy. So in the last week... be still and listen. Quiet us, Lord, that we might be able to hear, over the noise of our busy lives, beyond the clutter of our Christmas preparations;   Help us to become still, even for a moment, that we might hear the herald of your angel voices: "Glory!", "Peace on Earth", "Mercy", "Reconciliation", "Joy!" ...."Christ is born."  The message of the ages still rings out for those willing to listen. This is our desire. Open our ears that we might hear.

Today ... Now. 


Prayers

Thank you, Lord, for knowing me better than I know myself, and for letting me know myself better than others know me. 
Help me to grow in grace, faith and discipleship. Holy God I consider the things of my life that I keep hidden from others. 
Show me how I may lay down the obstacles of life that prevent me from drawing closer to you. Teach me your ways God. Amen

No comments: