Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Advent 12th December



“Thus says God the Lord, Who created the heavens and stretched them out, Who spread out the earth and its offspring, Who gives breath to the people on it And spirit to those who walk in it, "I am the Lord, I have called You in righteousness, I will also hold You by the hand and watch over You, And I will appoint You as a covenant to the people, As a light to the nations, To open blind eyes, To bring out prisoners from the dungeon And those who dwell in darkness from the prison. "I am the LORD, that is My name; I will not give My glory to another, Nor My praise to graven images. "Behold, the former things have come to pass, Now I declare new things; Before they spring forth I proclaim them to you." Isaiah 42:5-9

Readings


Isaiah 42:5-9,
Mark 12: 28-34,
Hebrews 1:1-14



Reflection
 

That was indeed, a night divine! Just as Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob looked forward to that day, you and I look back to that very day when God became incarnate as man. His life, death, and resurrection are the centre point of Scripture and of history. His birth was the day that the true light shone forth and a new covenant with God’s people was born. He came to give us life, to open our eyes to the one and only true and living God. As we look upon Christ, we see God, for He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature (Heb. 1:3). It was a time of expectancy for God’s people just as Simeon was looking for the consolation of Israel (Luke 2:25) and Anna was looking for the redemption of Jerusalem (Luke 2:38). The King of kings has come and our eternal redemption is secured! Through His mercy and grace our sins have been paid for, the chains have been broken, and His righteousness has been given to us through faith in Jesus Christ alone. “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God” (I John 4:7). And by this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments (I John 2:3). Christ is the Lord! Oh, praise His holy name forever!



Prayer 


Lord God, I stand amazed at your power and
majesty bowed by such humility. I stand amazed at the suffering love that transforms  lives. 
I stand amazed that you, O God most high, were brought low for our sake.   
I bow down, to praise, to worship and to adore. Amen 

No comments: