Thursday, October 2, 2008

My favourite things...

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens... Just the kind of images you can count on if you purchase a delicate birthday card, and they certainly made their way into the lyrics of the classic Sound of Music songbook.

I wouldn't put wet flowers or mewling cats into my own Fave Things list. It'll be very obvious as you read my list below that I'm no songwriter. But I am grateful for:

a hug from a friend
a new song which sums up what I cannot ever express myself
singing in the quite a simple melody
sitting in the stillness
prayer
God's grace
Tom, Leah, Glyn and Owen

oh
and someone else cooking....

what are your favourite things?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Friendship
Companionship
Shared laughter
Rainbows
Hugs
The seasons, especially autumn colours
Theatre
My garden
Dot, Irene and Jean the geese
Jackie the cow (not as rude as it sounds, she is a beautiful calf)

oh, and not forgetting shoes!

Anonymous said...

errm,
Mates,
Telly,
Happy Days,
Not so happy days to make the happy ones seem happier,
KFC,
Nan and Grandad spoiling me. XD
Aunties and uncles (see above)
Birthdays, (especially mine)
Chritsmas soaps.
Getting involved.
Staying out of it.
Quietness
Loudness
Sweets
Fave song playing on radio all of a sudden!
Laughter
Comfy Beds.
Computers
iPlayer - (lifesaver)
MSN
Yellow rooms,
yellow lamps
yellow pens
yellow people (simpsons)
yellow in general.
Leah at football.
Dad at football.
Mum seeing bacardi.
Smiley faces
original assembleys.
nice teachers.
nasty teachers who like you.
new blogs
writing
pens
Steak
The fact that 'beer can' sounds like 'bacon' in a jamaican accent.
funny jokes
surprises
random presents
rewards
Chocolate
Dry Roasted Peanuts
Simpsons
Reality TV
Cockney accents
Welsh accents
good books being made into films.
'Now' CD's
Sunshine!!
Snow!!!
Holidays!
and loads more!

Anonymous said...

my non biological family
my labradoodle
i pod
lots of music
songs relating to God
rship with God
friends who really care
safe hugs
friends who truly accept me
challenging talks/sermons
my job
preparing liturgy
blog writing
blue skies
calm after the storm
being by the sea/water
pesto pasta with chicken and bacon
nice jacket potatoes
x factor
my sense of humour
people who make me laugh
purple and pinks
kicker boots but can never afford them
sparkly makeup
purple spiky hair but has taken me too long to grow this time!!
firework displays without bangers
puppies
stars

.........................could go on forever