Sunday, December 13, 2009

Advent Meditation - Sunday 13 December


To You our hearts are open
To You our hands we raise
Come take the place
Of honour in our lives

Emmanuel
Our God is with us
Prince of peace
Mighty one
The ever-living God
(Together in this place of Worship - Emmanuel)

Reading
Psalm 63:4
Psalm 134:2
Philippians 4:4-7

Reflection

God’s calendar and timescales are not our own. The early church lived in the expectation of the imminent return of Jesus. John the Baptist came to people convinced of their superior status, Judgement would fall on the Gentiles yet the Sons of Abraham would escape because of their birthright. But John demanded that all repent - he did not preach in Jerusalem but the desert. The gospel is for all and we are called to surrender again our priorities and our prejudices in our calling and service of God.

Prayer
Lighten my darkness
Lord I Pray.
That I may radiate your glory to all I meet.
May my words and actions reveal your goodness
and grace preparing a way for your light to shine.
May my heart, life and being be open to you as you take the central place in my life. I offer myself afresh in Jesus’ name. Amen

Further Prayer
We pray for all who feel judged and ignored by others. We pray for our churches and our call to spread the gospel to all people

No comments: