Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Love abounding more and more



Today at our staff time of worship I read Philippians 1 reminding all gathered of the truth of the words "that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight". What is this love - Love for God, our neighbour, ourselves? This can be a hard challenge and today, with varying emotions, I have wrestled with.

So with those emotions swelling up inside I sat a listened to a beautiful song by Keith & Kristyn Getty - new words to a familiar song. Believe me this was saving grace today.

What grace is mine that He who dwells in endless light
Called through the night to find my distant soul
And from his scars poured mercy that would plead for me
That I might live and in his name be known

So I will go wherever He is calling me
I lose my life to find my life in Him
I give my all to gain the hope that never dies
I bow my heart, take up my cross and follow Him

What grace is mine to know His breath alive in me
Beneath his wings my wakened soul may soar
All fear can flee for death's dark night is overcome
My Saviour lives and reigns forevermore

So I will go…

(to the tune londonderry air - or danny boy as it is also known)

1 comment:

Kath Williamson said...

Beautiful words - I love:
Beneath his wings my wakened soul may soar.
Amen to that.