Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Is it help I am nearly forty?

Is it really help I am nearly forty? You know I am not so sure. No disrespect to those of friends of mine who are over 40 - you look great. But it feels really weird. If 50 is the new thirty then I must be 20....... what do you reckon?

Why it is weird I don't know. Has life turned out as I expected? As the exit door to my thirites approach what does it mean? 40 isn't really so bad except for the small fact that now I have got to be 40.

So I thought I know I'll look at Psalm 40 but the words "but I am poor and needy" jumped out and it didn't really help. So back to the drawing board and for a short time there was the consolation that my twin is also 40, though of course she reminds me that I am 7 minutes older than her.

There are of course some good things about being 40 (originally I had typed thongs which if you know me maybe inappropriate) it's just they take sometime to come to mind.

I will think though even more over the next week and a half until the day itself..... is it time for a change.

I think it is. I think it’s time for change that I can believe in. I think I am the change that I have been waiting for.

1 comment:

Jayne said...

40 is great Jackie. Perhaps will inspire you to consider change and think about life so far and the future but all in a good way. I only started studying at 40 and was the oldest in the class but we had great fun and I am still friends with the same group of students and we go out regularly. All good stuff, just enjoy every moment we are given xx